Thursday, May 19, 2011

Reigniting Fitness

My camera is, let's just say, limited and could not truly capture the beauty of the day.


View from my front door


I thought today would be a great day to reignite my health and fitness. As I mentioned in a previous post, I gained a few extra pounds, since going on a fitness hiatus. I started to get lazy, but happy to report that I'm back on track.


Here's my day...


Today's Menu



Breakfast included coffee (3 sugars), a large grapefruit, gluten free toast with almond butter and water. For lunch I had shrimp salad and water (I only drink water, and of course the occasional glass of wine). Dinner will include a BLT (GF bread, beef bacon, lettuce and tomato and a very small amount of cheese-I usually can't handle cheese but we will see).


My exercise included a 50 minute 3 mile walk. I usually run, but let's just say, I didn't have the proper gear. It took me a while because my neighborhood is very hilly--going uphill is like climbing a mountain, I almost laid out on someone's lawn on the return.


It's amazing how sunshine, good ole Vitamin D, can just change your entire mood. I felt so happy and so great. I had my iPod on I really almost started to break out into dance at one point.


Great great day :) Now I'm off to shower, pick up my little one from school and then run an errand.


PS ~ We will be making cupcakes later, and I know I will not be able to resist; tomorrow I'll take matters into the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment